Weight lifting wrist straps are used to enhance your grip on heavy exercises like deadlifts, shrugs, power clean and snatch lifts. Straps are normally used on back exercises but can also be used on exercises like heavy dumbbell presses.
It takes some practice to get the hang of using weight lifting wrist straps, but it can be beneficial in the end. Using wrist straps allow you to use more weight than you can normally use as your grip can be the limiting factor. Most people can shrug more weight than their grip will allow.
Wrist straps can be beneficial in your training, but be careful not to over use them or you will end up with a weaker grip.
Tips for Using Wrist Straps and Wraps for CrossFit Weightlift Training
• Put your hand through the circle made by the strap.
• With your palms facing up the straps should lay between your thumb and index finger on both hands.
• Snug the strap tight around the wrist.
• Place your hands on the bar with the strap hanging towards the floor.
• Pull the strap under the bar and back over the top, repeat.
• Twist the bar towards you to tighten the straps.
* Strap in your least coordinated hand first.
* There is a risk of injury so weightlifting wrist straps are only recommendeded for more advanced lifter.
Tips for Using Knee Wraps
* Use knee wraps for squats on heavier workout days.
* Wear knee wraps to get used to them on a medium heavy lift day.
* Do not wrap too tight as the knee wraps will constrict blood flow
* Wash the knee wraps periodically as they will absorb sweat and dirt.
Review of Rogue Fitness Wrist Straps
Check out R-3 West Side Racks @ RogueFitness.com
Questions from athletes in our gym.
Question: Do elite athletes wear wrist wraps in the CrossFit Games. Yes; check out the videos online as you will see numerous athletes wearing wrist wraps.
Question: Can you shrug more using wrist strap? Yes; absolutely. It takes your grip – which is the weakest link – out of the equation.
Question: What are the best wrist straps for hang clean? It depends on what you want to spend but a pair of Grizzly Fitness wrist wraps are good value for the money. We also like the Harbinger Red Line Wrist Wraps.
Question: What about buying Rogue vs Harbinger straps? Both are great.
Question: When should i wear wrist straps in CrossFit? When your doing power cleans or kettle bell work.
Rogue Fitness Wrist Wraps Review
Top 10 Special Forces Training Gear and Equipment
Top 10 Olympic Weightlifting Equipment
How to find good used CrossFit Equipment for Sale
Kristan Clever -CrossFit Games 2010 winner – uses Rogue gear
Rogue Fitness R3 Power Rack Review
Check out the updated Rogue Fitness Coupon Codes
Check out the deals for Rogue Fitness Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Check out the deals for Rogue Fitness Bella Bar Review
CrossFit garage gym package reviews
Foam Roller Reviews
HG Rogue Plates vs Hi Temp
Rogue Fitness Hi-Temp Bumper Plates Review
York Barbell CrossFit Package
Top 15 Equipment for a CrossFit Box