New Balance Tactical Abyss Boot Review
New Balance Tactical Abyss Boot Review by Blake mitchell
They ran small unlike a lot of boots that run big so I had to exchange the size but they help air out my sweaty feet which is what I was hoping for. Although the insole is so thin I had to replace it with another like others have done, or so I read. Although the little holes in the sole didn’t bother me. I’m almost thinking about putting holes in the soles I put in them to see how it goes. But they look great and feel that way too.
New Balance Bushmaster based on Abyss design
Check out the New Balance Tactical Men’s Abyss II 8-Inch Boot @ Amazon.com
New Balance Tactical Abyss Boot Review By Uphill Harry
Very good boot for canoe portaging. I bought these boots for use canoeing in the BWCAW. I wet foot every portage and have used them in every kind of portage (sand, mud, muck, rocks, boulders, all bedrock, and 8 rods to 300+). I carry a 49 pound canoe with a 30 pound portage pack.
What I liked:
– Drained really well.
– Had reasonably good grip on slippery rocks.
– Fairly good ankle support.
– Reasonably light weight.
– Felt very comfortable once I got the right socks and lace tension.
– No dirt or debris got inside.
– They seemed to look brand new when I got home (muck and dirt washes right off)
Video – New Balance Tactical Abyss Boot Review
Check out the New Balance Tactical Abyss II 6-Inch Boot @ Amazon.com
What I didn’t like (all minor for me):
– The lacing is kind of unusual and takes some getting used to, but it stays in place very well.
– They didn’t dry as quickly as I had hoped, but still far quicker than my old hiking boots (and they will just get wet first thing in the morning anyway).
– I have a fairly narrow foot and found the toe box to be bigger than I prefer for the downhills. I used two pair of wool socks and that felt better.
Overall I was very happy with the boots and glad I bought them.
Check out the Top 10 Special Forces training gear and equipment
Check out this article on Navy SEAL workout
Bates 922 boot review
Under Armour Speed Freek Boot Reviews