May 7, 2012
Congratulations! Your essay has been approved, and you have completed the first step toward becoming CrossFit Grinder.
In order to become a CrossFit affiliate, you must now complete the process, which consists of the following three steps:
1. Review the affiliate licensing agreement that will be emailed to you. Sign it and return it via the email link provided. On the first page where it says “CrossFit Business Name,” you will see your approved CrossFit Affiliate name, not your LLC name or S Corp name, etc. Remember, please do not incorporate or attempt to trademark your CrossFit name. PLEASE NOTE: The primary owner of the affiliate must sign this agreement. We can accept only one signature. If you have questions, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]
2. Pay online at the CrossFit store using the custom link that will be emailed to you. The affiliation fee is $3000, non-refundable. (It is an annual fee, due yearly on your renewal date.)
3. Fax or e-mail (as one PDF file) proof of insurance. (Please, no postal mail. Fax or e-mail only.) We require both professional and general liability coverage as stated in the attached Licensing Agreement. You must name CrossFit Inc. as an additional insured on your policy with the following address:
1250 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
(You must list the address of the actual gym/facility on the certificate of insurance. If the gym address is not the same as the mailing address at the top, have your agent list it in the “Description of Operations/Locations/…” section near the bottom of the page.) Fax all pages back to us at 866.568.2107. (Alternatively: Scan and return all pages of the document to [email protected] as one PDF file.
Note: Until you complete steps 1 through 3, and receive confirmation from us, you are not an affiliate, and you cannot start offering/advertising CrossFit classes on your website or elsewhere. You are not authorized to use the CrossFit name until you have completed these steps. The entire process must be completed within three months or you will need to re-apply.
If you plan on offering “CrossFit Kids” classes you must first register with CrossFit Kids. Please contact Debbie Rakos at [email protected] for additional information.
Also, if you attended your Level 1 Course prior to April 1, 2010, you must take the new Level 1 Test by 12/31/2011 in order to remain a CrossFit affiliate.
Below are the website requirements. Please read and follow them in order to have your website linked on the CrossFit site.
1. You must have the CrossFit Journal Logo/Link on your CrossFit homepage. The link needs to go to the “start here” page, not just the Journal home page. Please use the exact code found here: http://www.crossfit.com/cfj-logo.html.
2. If you are a gym that is not solely CrossFit (i.e. you offer martial arts, etc.), you must create a separate CrossFit page on your website. Please be sure you put the CrossFit Journal link on your CrossFit page. This is the page that we will be linking to.
3. All links to CF materials must be links to the CF site. You cannot use locally-hosted versions of CF material (e.g., PDF files, etc).
4. Ensure all content on your site is original or properly attributed. In other words, if you copy (or paraphrase) any content from the main site or another affiliate, you must give credit. “Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.” is fine.
5. All photos from crossfit.com and the CrossFit Journal, and all CrossFit logos and graphics are copyrighted by CrossFit, Inc. and none may be used without permission and attribution. The Athena (pit bull) graphics are not available for use.
6. No wholesale reproduction of main site content is authorized. Please link instead.
7. Place your CrossFit affiliate name in a prominent location — and always please remember to capitalize the “F” whenever you use the trademark “CrossFit” — thanks!
8. The affiliate name provided on the site (e.g., CrossFit ABC) should be exactly the same as the name used in the license agreement.
9. Include actual location (city, state) and contact info somewhere prominent on the site.
Thank you. If you have questions, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]
The CrossFit Affiliate Team